This bread came out slightly sweet, puffy, and with a thin crust. It would be perfect to slice up for avocado sandwiches or to just warm up with a little vegan margarine. This was my first time baking bread and I had no complaints with the end product; I think just about anyone could make it. It takes a lot of sitting around time to make this bread, so make sure you have other things to do before you start!
The original bread recipe from Danialle can be found here. I have slightly modified and veganized it. The picture above is how my bread turned out! <3
Ingredients1 package dry yeast
1 1/2 tbsp vegan sugar
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 1/2 tbsp vegan margarine
1/2 tbsp salt
3 1/4 cups flour
small amount of oil
Recipe1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in water in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Do the flour half a cup at a time.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for eight minutes or until elastic.
4. Oil a large bowl lightly and place your dough in it. Turn the dough to cover it with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave it alone for an hour in a warm place.
5. Knead the dough to deflate it and roll it into a long sub like shape. Fold it over itself to make a crossed bun if you want to back it on a flat surface or put it in a bread pan if you have one.
6. Cover with a damp cloth again and leave alone for 40 minutes.
7. Preheat over to 425 degrees.
8. Lower it to 375 and bake for 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.